Everest Walking Holidays
Why Everest Walking Holidays with an Accredited Company: There are many reasons why to choose authorized trekking company in Nepal. Booking through company you will have a great accommodation because guide know the lodge managers, trails rooms cannot be reserve online. It also supports for medical emergencies or evacuations. Having someone who knew all trail route by heart and always there to make advocacy from your side in need make a lots difference and big bonus. From start to finish, you will be in good hands.
Everest Base Camp Trek Permits
You will be required 2 permits, a TIMS and a National Park Permit. Khumbu Pasang Lhamu Rural Municipality Entrance Permit was imposed from 1st of October 2018 replacing an existing TIMS Card, collected direct in Lukla which costs NPR 2000 Per Person. Another Sagarmatha National Park permit can obtain either in Kathmandu at Nepal Tourism Board Office or in Monjo at Park Entrance Gate which costs NPR 3000 Per Person.
Best Time to Trek Everest Base Camp
The best time to trek Everest Base Camp route are in the pre-monsoon Spring season March, April and May or in the post-monsoon Autumn season Starting from Late September, October and November. It gets hot in may, just before monsoon so, be prepared for rain. You can also do Everest Basecamp trek during the months of December to February but expect colder temperatures, up to -30C at night! If you are willing to avoid the crowd but Bring the proper equipment.
Hotel Before and After Everest Base Camp Walking Tours
If you are looking for best luxury hotels in Kathmandu to retreat yourself before and after trek then, you can find 4-star and 5-Star accommodation with everything inclusive wi-fi, well-appointed suites rooms, spa, fitness center, outdoor swimming pool, restaurants, bar, café, luggage storage, Airport Pickup etc. If you are trekking independently then, Book through yourself otherwise, Ask respective trekking company for these accommodation reservation.
On the major classical Walking Holidays to Everest Base Camp Itinerary you will find 3 Star standard Hotel accommodation. But, if you are willing to get upgrade accommodation in Kathmandu then, You may ask respective trekking agency for bookings.
If you are looking for Luxury Aspiration Adventure offers pre made itinerary of Everest Base Camp Luxury Lodge Trek which is inclusive of 5 Star Luxury Hotels in Kathmandu and Luxury Mountain Lodge during trek. You will be features with Yeti Mountain Home in Lukla, Phakding, Namche Bazaar and other local luxury mountain during the trail.
On a Budget? You can find Hostel or Hotel around Thamel which starts from USD$ 12 for a double room. You can expect Nice vibe, friendly people, knowledgeable staff with Clean room.
Accommodation During Everest Trekking
Food and Drinks During EBC Trek
Cost Saving Tips for Everest Base Camp Trekking Holiday
- Use Local Currency Nepalese Rupees and Exchange Dollars Before the Start of Trek in Kathmandu
- Pack Dry Fruits, Energy Bars, Protein Snacks, and Chocolate Bars for Energy Refills.
- Carry Reusable Bottles and Water Purifiers.
- Fill Up Your Backpack With Miscellaneous Items
- Pack Everest Guidebooks, Maps and SIM Card from Kathmandu
- Avoid Last Minute and Book Everest Base Camp Trek Early
- Pack Batteries with a Small Solar Charger
- If you want Porter and Guide, Book them in advance from Kathmandu or Lukla
- Buy or Hike Trekking Gears in Kathmandu
- Book Kathmandu to Lukla Flight Ticket with Agency and Ask them for the First or Second Flight of the Day.
Everest Trekking Holiday: Organized vs. Independent
Essential: Trekking Insurance for Everest Base camp
Internet Access on Everest Base Camp Trek
Things to Prepare for Everest Walking Holidays
Important Tips For Walking Holidays to Everest Base Camp
- Select an suitable itinerary for you according to your Physical fitness and budgets.
- Go with a professional trekking company and experience guides.
- Train ahead of the journey; Prepare Physically and Mentally for the Trek.
- Pack Essential Gears and Bring Your Own Personal Items
- Walk at Your Own Pace — Give Enough Time for Acclimatization
- Be Aware of Altitude Sickness and Know the Symptoms of AMS
- Purchase Good Travel Insurance and Have Helicopter Evacuation Coverage
- Carry enough extra cash to last throughout the trek
- Eat Healthy Meals – Avoid Non Veg and Bring Your Favorite Treats.
- Stay Protected From Sun (UV rays), Dust, and Wind
- Always stay hydrated; Eat veg and soupy meals
- Hot shower is not available in high altitude, so get ready to adopt alternative ways of showering.\
- Buy a local Sim card to get connected.
- Expect Lukla Flight Delays and Cancellations.
- Get a Battery Pack and Solar Panel
- Get Enough Rest and Sleep Well
- Plan a few extra days at the end of your trip
15 Things To Do During Everest Base Camp Trek
- Get the Earliest Morning Flight to Lukla because the weather is considerably more consistent and visibility is excellent.
- Take a bird’s-eye perspective of Lukla Airport.
- Purchase a blessing scarf at Kathmandu and tie it to the suspension bridge during trekking from Phakding to Namche Bazaar
- During Acclimatization Day at Namche Bazaar, Hike to Hotel Everest View for a Cup of Coffee
- Do not forget to say ‘Namaste’ to every local whom you encounter with
- Visit Sherpa Cultural Museum at Namche
- Take in the regular morning and evening prayer ceremonies at Tengboche Monastery.
- Take a photo with the “Way to Everest Base Camp” signboard.
- Write your name on a stone at Everest Base Camp
- Rotate prayer wheels along the way
- Watch documentary at Namche; Café 8848 or Café Danphe Bar at 3:00 PM
- Purchase accomplishment certificate at checkpoint below Namche
- Visit Local school and motivate the students
- Make sure to catch the 360 degree mountain view along with sunrise or sunset view from Kala Patthar.
Keep the Khumbu region clean
Everest Base Camp Walking Holidays Itinerary 12 Days
Day 01: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla, then trek to Phakding
Altitude: Lukla (2840m/9320ft), Phakding (2610m/8560ft)
Flight time: 45 Minutes
Trek Duration: 3 to 4 hours
Difficulty: Easy with a few ups and downs.
Highlights: Flight to Lukla and Trek to Phakding via local village.
Day 02: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar
Altitude: 3440m/11290 ft
Trek Duration: 6 hours
Difficulty: Easy start and then it’s all up for 2 hours.
Highlights: Sagarmatha National Park, Namche Bazaar, View of Thamserku and other Mountain
Day 03: Namche Bazaar Acclimatization day; Quick hike up to the Everest View Hotel (recommend) and Khunde Village.
Hike Time: 6 Hours
Highlight: Khunde Village and Everest View Hotel
Difficulty: Easy stroll around on mostly flat trail with few ups and downs.
Day 04: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche
Trek Duration: 5 hours
Difficulty: Easy to Moderate Trek; You go down and then it’s all up from there.
Highlights: Dudh Koshi Valley, Tengboche village and Monastery
Day 05: Trek Tengboche to Dingboche
Trek Duration: 4-5 hours
Difficulty: One of the Short and Easy trekking days but you will feel the altitude from here on out.
Highlights: Dingboche and Pangboche village, view of Mountain Range.
Day 06: Dingboche (Acclimatization Day)
Trek Duration: 0-8 hours
Highlight: Explore around Dingboche, Hike to Pheriche or Ama Dablam base camp
Difficulty: Depend upon the trekkers. If hike to Pheriche it is pretty easy. whereas, if you hike Ama Dablam base camp then it is full-day with lots of ups and downs.
Day 07: Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche
Trek Duration: 5 hours
Difficulty: Moderate to Hard trekking, due to the altitude
Highlights: View of Himalayan range, Dukla, Dzongla
Day 08: Trek from Lobuche to GorakShep to Everest Base Camp and back and back to Gorak Shep
Altitude: Everest Base Camp 5300m/17400ft and GorakShep 5170m/16961ft
Trek Duration: 7-8 hours
Difficulty: Moderate with a steep climb to reach Gorakshep and easy route to Everest Base Camp and back.
Highlights: Enjoy and Celebrate at Everest Base Camp. Day, you have been waiting for.
Day 09: Hike from Gorak Shep up to Kalapathar and then trek to Pheriche
Altitude: Kala Patthar 5545m/18192 ft, Pheriche 4270m/14070ft
Trek Duration: 7 hours
Difficulty: Long Day trek; Wake up early in Morning.
Highlights: View of mountain range from Kala Patthar with Sunrise over Everest
Day 10: Trek from Pheriche back to Namche Bazaar
Altitude: 3440m/11290 ft
Trek Duration: 6 hours
Difficulty: Simple walk with a lot more downs than ups
Highlights: Celebrate your journey at Namche Bazaar, find best accommodation and foods, Shopping
Day 11: Hike from Namche Bazaar to Lukla
Walk Duration: 6 hours
Difficulty: Easy and Simple walk with a lot more downs than ups
Highlights: Final Day of Trek, Congratulation you have complete your Everest Walking Holidays !!
Day 12: Fly back to Kathmandu
Altitude: Lukla 2840m/9320ft, Kathmandu 1400m/4600ft
Flight time: 45 Minutes
Accommodation: Depend upon traveler’s
Congratulation, you did it! You have trekked the Everest Base Camp!
Aspiration Adventure Nepal Trekking Company
Aspiration Adventures is professional Nepal Trekking Company based in Kathmandu, Nepal. We are highly motivated and committed in organizing safe travel and vacation activities for our clients. If you are planning a Everest trekking holidays; we would definitely say that Aspiration Adventure is one stop solution. Give us a chance and we promise to make your adventure the unforgettable and memorable one. With Us, Find Nepal’s Best, affordable Everest Base Camp tours and trekking itineraries, at No Hidden Cost, All Inclusive and customized trip planner. It is important to acknowledge that our service is very flexible and we are more than happy to arrange any customized itinerary that directly suits our client’s interests, time and budget–from group tours to individual travelers.
Moreover, We also have different packages for Everest Walking holidays such as: Everest Base Camp Trekking and Jungle Safari in Chitwan, Short and Luxury Everest Base Camp Trek with Both way Helicopter Flight, Everest Base Camp Trek and fly back Lukla by Helicopter, Everest Base Camp Trek with Helicopter Return to Kathmandu, Luxury Everest Trek with Helicopter Tour and 15 Days Everest Base Camp Trek. “Your Adventure Travel Partner in the Nepal”